Thursday 1 May 2014

Green-Eyed Monster Remake

Following the praise I received for my script for last years final project short film, Green-Eyed Monster, I was disappointed with the technical results of the filming as it did not turn out how I wanted or expected when I was writing the script and directing the film.

This has led me and Charles, who filmed it, to concentrate on building up our knowledge and technical skills in order to film it again, but this time with better results. I have found some actors interested in the roles of Ruby, Luke and Sarah and have meetings with them tomorrow to discuss the roles and how I want each character to be. I want to avoid over-acting and changing of lines this time around.

I am purchasing some red-head lighting for a better look for the film as no lighting was used last year and I feel this was one of the biggest flaws of the film. Charles is getting camera and sound equipment and I feel with the use of a DSLR camera, we can achieve a more realistic and natural feel for our film.

I have also gained a lot of experience on using Avid this year and I feel competent in applying effects, as well as using various editing modes and tools to create a professional standard film this time around and I hope the end result to be of film festival quality. I anticipate a much better result for Green-Eyed Monster this time and I feel more practice of making short films, such as my end of year short film, Human, will greatly aid me in my future aim of becoming an editor and then a director.

No comments:

Post a Comment